Friday, January 06, 2006

300 Shots

So here's a link to G-Unit's response to The Game's "300 Bars & Runnin'." I tried to listen to it with as little preconception as possible, but I have to admit that I've never thought much of 50-Cent. I think he has some catchy tracks, but overall is not that talented. In any case, in my opinion, it's not much of a comeback, it takes all of G-Unit to try to do in 5 minutes what The Game did by himself in 15. As he quips in "300 Bars" - "Gave 'em a hundred bars, they ain't think I could do it / Came with two hundred, nigga this is more than music."

G-Unit couldn't quite get there with their tag team nursery rhymes over a vanilla beat. Catchy nursery rhymes, but nursery all the same. "The Game is a punk I hate him a lot / I'm so hot, you know I've been shot / I'd like to punch him in the face / and we even got Mase." Not quite on the same level.

Kopp