Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Thought Every Day was the Worst Day Ever

Apparently, we've gotten over the hump. January 24th was the worst day ever, and with that behind us, we're on easy street. Or so says Dr. Cliff Arnalls of Cardiff University. Dr. Arnalls actually came up with an equation to measure depression in the post holiday season. For your reference, here is the equation:

1/8W + 3/8(D - d)TQ + MN

where:
W = weather
D = debt
d = money due on January's payday
T = time since Christmas
Q = time since failure to quit a bad habit
M = general motivational levels
N = the need to take action and do something about it

Despite the fact that I don't know how to multiply 1/8 by "sunny and a bit chilly," I think this is pretty clever. I did the equation for myself and came up with "1/8(overcast) + 6.2" which, if I'm not mistaken, leads me to believe that I have another week or so before I reach my worst day ever.

But screw January 24th anyway.

For those of you still mired in post-holiday depression:
For the guys
For the ladies

Kopp