Thursday, January 05, 2006

Proper Propaganda

So I listened to the President's address this morning, and my major reaction was this - is it just that I've never really followed politics before, or are speeches from the President always this much propoganda? I was hoping to be enlightened on the subject of our country, maybe hear some new info on the infamous "war on terror," you know, that kind of thing. Instead I got hot air. Seriously, nothing. The only thing I was able to grab from the whole speech is that GW has an increasing complex around everyone hating him; despite the fact that he believes that he has all the right answers, he seems to feel that everyone out there is against him. He should probably see someone about that, I'm sure the progression of such a paranoid complex is not pretty.

But that's just my two cents.

So for those of you who didn't listen to the address, here are the highlights: we're winning in Iraq, the Iraqis are a free people now, we need to keep up support for the war because winning is a must, terrorists are out there, they're everywhere, they want to kill us all, our country is in great shape, the economy is in excellent shape. But if you didn't know any of that you've probably had your head up your ass for the last five years. And if you've had your head up your ass for the last five years you must be very flexible.

Kopp