Thursday, January 05, 2006

Kobe

For all I care, Kobe could score 100 points in a game. In fact, hopefully he will because the Lakers need it. They're doing OK as a basketball team, but it's Kobe that keeps them afloat as an attraction in LA. Ever since the loss of Shaq and "real basketball" in LA, citizens of the city of angels have had little more than the antics and selfishness of Kobe -- probably much more exciting to most LA citizens than real basketball.

Allen Iverson was the last NBA player to score 60 points in a game, and that was last year. I'm sure Allen did it in his ghetto fabulous style, and I prefer that over Kobe's whiney "I'm angry at the media and I'm angry that we lost last night so I'm going to play more selfish than usual" style. Good for Kobe, though, because he beat out the previous points record at the Staples Center which was set by Shaq. Maybe he can finally get out of Shaq's shadow. Maybe when he becomes a basketball player that people want to have on their team.

Kopp